Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms worldwide, mixing people from all backgrounds. Many football players are well known for their strong presence on social media, as they are considered to be rockstars. We present you with the Top Football Players on Instagram.
Players Like Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo are among the most followed accounts on the platform.
The global pandemic at the start of 2020 made it impossible to hold sporting events, postponing competitions such as the UEFA European football tournament, the Copa America and even the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
With the start of UEFA EURO 2020, Instagram has been a way for fans to keep in touch with their favourite players and national teams, with the Top Football Players on Instagram sharing their daily training sessions and time with their national team colleagues.
From huge countries like France, the 2018 FIFA World Cup champions, with more than 65 million people, to smaller countries like North Macedonia with around 2 million people, the UEFA EURO 2020 gathers the top football players in Europe and presents a month of games and fun for everyone that enjoys football.
You still don’t believe the UEFA European tournament is one of the biggest phenomena in the world? Check the chart below for the most viewed games in the world.
As you can see, European football gathers a lot of attention, so it is not surprising that the Top football players on Instagram on the UEFA Euro 2020 have millions of followers.
Most followed national teams on the UEFA EURO 2020
From the biggest national teams in Europe, to smaller nations participating for the first time, the UEFA EURO 2020 national teams are working hard on their official accounts and maintaining the fans updated with constant posts and interactions.
We checked the Instagram accounts of all the national teams on the UEFA Euro 2020 and here are the results.
Top Football Players on Instagram on the UEFA Euro 2020
Football is a strong culture in many countries, and for that reason, some players are seen as celebrities in those countries. In certain countries, these football players are even considered to be the most influential figures from the country and seen as heroes because they are uplifting the countries name throughout the world.
This happens with Cristiano Ronaldo, for example. The Portuguese superstar is not only one of the most influential people in Portugal. He is also very influential worldwide and has proven that already this UEFA Euro 2020.
So, let’s check who are the most followed players from each national team on this UEFA Euro 2020 tournament!
- Italy Marco Verratti @marco_verratti92 5.4M followers
- Wales Gareth Bale @garethbale11 43.8M followers
- Swiss Shaqiri @shaqirixherdan 2.5M followers
- Turkey Hakan Çalhanoglu @hakancalhanoglu 2.7M followers
- Belgium Eden Hazard @hazardeden_10 27M followers
- Finland Teemu Pukki @elpugi 217K followers
- Denmark Christian Eriksen @chriseriksen8 3.8M followers
- Russia Artem Dzyuba @artem.dzyuba 1.3M followers
- Austria David Alaba @da_27 6.2M followers
- Netherlands Memphis Depay @memphisdepay 10.4M followers
- Ukraine Alex Zinchenko @zinchenko_96 1.2M followers
- North Macedonia Elif Elmas @elifelmas24 496K followers
- The Czech Republic Patrik Schick @p_schicky 298K followers
- England Harry Kane @harrykane 10.5M followers
- Croatia Luka Modric lukamodric10 19.4M followers
- Scotland Andrew Robertson @andyrobertson94 3.1M followers
- Slovakia Marek Hamšík @marek_hamsik_17_official 756K followers
- Spain Jordi Alba @jordialbaoficial 13.2M followers
- Sweden Victor Lindelöf @victorlindelof 1.9M followers
- Poland Robert Lewandowski @_rl9 20.6M followers
- Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo @cristiano 299M followers
- France Kylian Mbappé @k.mbappe 52M followers
- Germany Toni Kroos @toni.kr8s 27.7M followers
- Hungary Attila Szalai @szancso41 372K followers
Bold Creators Club can help your brand on social media commerce
Social media has millions of users engaging, sharing and being influenced by what they see on their feed, and brands acknowledge that.
It is important for them not only to work closely with influencers to reach their followers, but it is also important to have a good social media presence, with a clear strategy. This way, users will have the need to follow the brand’s Instagram account and will check the products more often.
Creating a good marketing strategy for social media is crucial if a brand wants to survive, as the transition between physical and digital has accelerated, especially with the pandemic and all the physical stores closing indefinitely. But we know that doing this is not easy.
Before implementing a social media strategy in Brazil, that are some problems you must deal with like logistics, social and political problems that can become barriers in the future. That is why partnering with an agency may be the solution.
At Bold Creators Club, we are always aware of what the biggest Brazilian brands are doing and how they are succeeding on all platforms.
Want to know more about how we can help your brand in developing a correct social media strategy?
Schedule a meeting with us and let’s talk!